Dita Von Teese - The Queen of Burlesque
Dita Von Teese is the by far the biggest and brightest star in modern burlesque. This amazing style icon and business woman isknown the world over for her beauty, incomparable and polished self-styling and amazing performances.
Her DIY beauty ethos and entrepreneurial venturesdesigning award-winning perfumes, lingerie, gloves, and clothes, and as directing producer on her touring stage extravaganzashave established her as a role model toallwomen.
Dita's latest book "Your Beauty Mark: The Ultimate Guide to Eccentric Glamour" divulges the beauty wisdom that keeps her on international best-dressed lists and high-profile fashion show rosters. As a formally trained and experienced make-up artist, Dita and co-writer Rose Apodaca take you through every step of Ditas glamour arsenal.
This 400-page coffee table book isfull ofstunning imagery, personal statements & make-up tutorials.
"Your Beauty Mark" will help you perfect your bombshell hairstyles, makeup looks and pinup stylewhile enhancing your most beautiful feature - individuality! Withinstructive step-by-step images and original illustrations, this inspiring resource shares the skills, history, and lessons you need to enhance your individual gifts and realize your own beauty mark.
Also available is Dita's best selling first book, which is actually two books!Burlesque & The Art Of The Tease and Fetish & the Art Of Tease.This coffee table sized book titillates & tantalises with every page turn. Itcontains a stunning collection of stories, stunning images, burlesque history and the allure and art of burlesque & fetishism.
Strip Strip Hooray Australian Tour - June 2016!
Dita will grace Australian stages in June with her Strip Strip Hooray Tour - Tickets are on sale now. We have ours do you?
Saturday June 4th Big Top Luna Park, Sydney
Saturday June 5th -Big Top Luna Park, Sydney
Tuesday June 7 - The Tivoli, Brisbane
Wednesday June 8th - The Tivoli, Brisbane
Friday June 10th The Forum, Melbourne
Saturday June 11th The Forum, Melbourne
Monday June 13th - Cabaret Festival, Adelaide
Friday June 17th The Astor, Perth
Saturday June 18th The Astor, Perth
Sunday June 19th -The Astor, Perth
About Dita Von Teese - Did You Know?
- Her real name isHeather Rene Sweet
- She was born on September 28, 1972
- She was married to Marilyn Manson from 2005 to 2007
- She does her own make-up, and dyes her naturally blonde hair black at home
- Her mother was a big fan of the Golden-age-era of Hollywood films and this is how she developed a fascination with the actresses of that day.
- She was trained in classical balletfrom an early age and she incorporates these skills into her burlesque shows, where she frequently goes 'en pointe'.
- Her stage name isa tribute to silent film actress Dita Parlo. Her surname was misspelled in her breakthrough December 2002 Playboy cover, (it was meant to be Von Treese) and she decided to stick with.
- In her early years, she appeared in fetish-related, soft-core pornographic movies
- Sheachieved some level of recognition in the fetish world as a tightlacer. Through the wearing of a corset for many years, she had reduced her waistline to 22 inches (56 cm), and can be laced down as far as 16.5 inches (42 cm)!
- Her house is dedicated to early 20th-century dcor, including a complete pink kitchen with vintage appliances.